Law Office of Pilchman & Kay, A Professional Law Corporation Blog

Free Legal Representation on All Pre-Filing Domestic Violence Arrests

Posted by Courtney Pilchman | Nov 24, 2012 | 0 Comments

If you contact our criminal defense firm, we will be happy to track your arrest with the district attorney's office AND negotiate with the district attorneys office for a rejection of your case or a reduction of charges FREE OF CHARGE. This way, you do not spend money on an attorney when there is no need to. Call us today for a free consultation.

Our firm receives a lot of calls from people who have been arrested in Orange County for domestic violence. Keep in mind, despite the fact that you have been arrested, the Orange County District Attorney's Office has to review the police reports to determine whether or not they could get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. What this means is, many people who are arrested for domestic violence in Orange County will never charged with a crime.

The next question is if there was an arrest and a date to appear in court, then why won't charges be filed. Because when reviewing a police report, deputy district attorneys will typically reject cases when there are no injuries, when there was “mutual combat,” when the report contains “he said, she said” or when the contact was so minor that prosecution would not be warranted.

So, if you do not want to take advantage of the FREE LEGAL SERVICES of a certified criminal law specialist, former deputy district attorneys and over 20 years of combined experience, you have two basic options for domestic abuse arrests in Orange County, San Bernardino County, Los Angeles County or Riverside County.

First, you can take a wait and see approach. What this means is you can appear on the date you were ordered to appear and see if charges were filed. If so, you can ask the judge for a public defender if you cannot afford an attorney or you can ask the judge for time to hire a private attorney.

Second, you can hire a private attorney before filing of a criminal complaint. What this does is allow an attorney to try and meet with the deputy district attorney prior to filing a case to provide exculpatory evidence on your behalf. This may mean the deputy district attorney will reject the case, file a misdemeanor instead of a felony or simply file the case as they see fit. All for a fee paid up front to an attorney, who may not even be able to help you at all at this stage.

The above information is crucial for those who who hold a medical license or other professional license. If you hold a license in California, you have likely been live scanned and have a fingerprint on file with the California Department of Justice. Thus, when your fingerprints are put into the computer system, the arrest information is sent to the agency that holds the license such as the California Medical Board, State Bar of California or FINRA.

In cases dealing with professional licenses, it is essential to contact our firm because we have the expertise and experience to attempt to mitigate your damages at an early stage, hopefully preventing any administrative action. Even if we are successful getting the district attorney to reject a case, state licensing boards can and do conduct their own independent investigation and may be able to disciple you regardless of what happens in criminal court.

About the Author

Courtney Pilchman

Courtney Pilchman was a Deputy District Attorney for over six years prior to becoming a criminal defense attorney. She was a member of some of the most elite prosecution units including crimes against children, family violence, and sexual assault. She prosecuted very high profile cases and had a ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Pilchman & Kay, APLC is committed to answering your questions about domestic violence, federal crimes, fraud crimes, sex crimes, violent offenses, and white collar crimes, law issues in California.

We offer a free consultation and we’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.